Thursday, September 25, 2008

I've been a bit busy

Okay, I've been busy and a little stressed so I haven't updated here as I should have. I also haven't kept up with my exercise and have been spotty about cutting back saturated fats.

The good thing, though, is I'm not eating snickers bars for breakfast yet and I'm very pleased with how easy it's been for me to stick with maintaining a healthier menu. It really hasn't been horribly easy this week as far as time constraints. There was drama class for the kids on Tuesday followed up by a math team meeting for the middle heathen right after that and in between I managed to grab some groceries and have some freak touch me arse when I wasn't paying attention. We didn't get home until around 8 so dinner was the regular salad.

Wednesday was shit because of evening classes and then today was more shit because the middle heathen needed a scrip for his eczema which necessitated a trip to the doctor at five followed up by 45 minutes of hanging around Kroger waiting for the medicine so we didn't get home until after 7. But I'm really happy that even though I've resorted to the mundane in pinches that it's been a healthy choice. Its time for me to switch up the salad because, while I really like the salad, it's just time. You can't eat the same damned thing every day.

So I'll go over today's menu:

Breakfast - Strawberry Tortilla (6 large strawberries, 1.5 ounces of melted mozarella and 1 tbsp of raw honey on a tortilla. I really like it.)

Lunch - a crunchy peanut butter Clif bar

Snack - two tablespoons of naturally more peanut butter

dinner - salad

snack - banana

12 cups of water

1 diet coke

So I'm pretty happy with how things have been going even though I haven't exercised like I should have. I did walk three blocks today. This blog needs some pictures. I'm going to take a picture of my salad or something.

No comments: