Sunday, September 21, 2008

Beer will screw you up

I was too lazy to post yesterday much like I was too lazy to bother looking what I was consuming or preparing an actual meal. Blah.

So here I am today. I pulled myself out of it before it went too far and not a bad day in all.
1424 calories/56 fat/26 fiber/102 protein

Calories, fat, fiber and protein are the numbers I look at regularly. The fat count might look high for today, but it falls in the top most part of my allotted range of necessary fat. Fat, like calories, is necessary for the body.

So to honor fat and the fat clumping around my butt, here are a few details on fat:

First, there are different types of fats. There are healthy fats and then there's just crap. The best fats for you are polyunsaturated, monosaturated, and omega-3 fatty acids. Monosaturated fats can be found in olive, peanut and canola oils, avocados and most nuts.

Polyunsaturated fats are in vegetable oils including safflower, corn, sunflower, soy and cottonseed oils.

Omega-3s are in soybean, canola oil, flax seeds and flaxseed oil, and fish oil.

You should avoid or limit saturated fats (found in red meat, poultry, while milk, cheese, coconut and palm oils), trans fats (commonly found in baked goods and often begin withs "hydrogenated" on the ingredients label, fried foods, shortening and margerine), and dietary fats (meat, dairy, seafood, shortening, butter).

  • Fat acts as an insulator and helps to maintain body temperature.
  • It carries fat-soluble vitamins such as A, D, K and E.
  • Certain types of fats can include your cholesterol levels.
  • maintains cell membranes
  • Monosaturated fats help to raise the good HDL levels. People with high HDL levels are at a lower risk for heart disease.
  • Polyunsaturated fats help lower overall cholesterol levels.

So there's my tiny little facts on fat. Writing this also made me think to track these fats and I see. I'm not very good at avoiding saturated fats because I adore cheese and I'm a little over my limit today. It's something I'll have to work on.

All together today, was a nice day. I cut the grass and that burned over 300 calories.

Here's the "Crap I ate Today" list.

I slept late and didn't eat breakfast.

WW Santa Fe Rice and Beans for lunch.

Pita Banana Sandwich for a snack

A salad for another snack because I was still hungry. Today it was 5 cups of romaine lettuce, one ounce of snow peas, half a cup of alfalfa, four ounces of grilled chicken breasts and 2 ounces of pepperjack cheese. (I could cut the chicken back to 3 ounces and maybe 1.5 ounces of cheese. God. I love cheese.)

Dinner was 3 ounces of chicken and an ounce and a half of pepperjack cheese on a Tortilla Factory low carb tortilla.

Oh, and I drank 64 ounces of water and kept it down to one diet coke.

So here is tomorrow's plan. (Pretty much the same verse as before.)

  • drink 64 ounces of water
  • try to hold down the cheese to 2 ounces a day
  • keep within range
  • get in at least 20 minutes of exercise

No comments: