Thursday, September 18, 2008

1204 Calories/40 minutes of exercise

Okay. So I'm apparently really not going to worry about posting on Wednesdays until this class is over. But I'll review my goals for Wednesday.

  • one diet coke Fail. I had two. I also had two today.
  • bring a slimfast for dinner. Check
  • exercise for at least 20 minutes. Fail. Had too much going on.
  • drink my water. Check
  • log food in sparkpeople. Check

As a very short update to Wednesday - I did stay in calorie range, but I had too much going on to get around to the exercise.

Today was a good day, although I'm seemingly up to two diet cokes today.

Walked three blocks to school and back then came home and did a 20 minutes Leslie Sansone one mile.

  • Breakfast: 1 cup of low fat yogurt and one cup of kashi cereal. A diet coke
  • Lunch: a slim fast shake
  • Snack: slim fast milk chocolate peanut bar
  • snack: pita banana sandwich (I linked the recipe in a previous post.)
  • Dinner: salad with 4 ounces of grilled chicken breast and two ounces of pepper jack cheese.

I'm happy to report that I have over 200 calories left if I wanted to have something else. That's a pretty good sign for me considering that I've stayed satisfied throughout the day and means I'm learning how to eat healthy again. Oh, and I've even pulled out the scale a couple of days ago so I can be sure to record everything.

Also, in case I haven't mentioned it, the valerian root does seem to finally be doing it's job so I'm getting more sleep. Today is the first day in a long time where I've been gone all day and am not dragging ass by three o'clock.

Tomorrow we are planning a neighborhood cook out so I don't have plans to stay within range, but to enjoy myself without going so far overboard that I make myself miserable.

So, Goals for Tomorrow:

  • Head off to the gym and hang out on the elliptical machine for 30 minutes
  • drink at least 64 ounces of water
  • log everything into sparkpeople

No comments: