Monday, August 25, 2008

The Plan

There are a few secrets to weight loss I discovered over the years.
  1. Don't try to change everything at once.
  2. Don't guilt trip yourself.
  3. Diets suck, so don't diet.
With that in my mind, I have a multi-layered plan that I make up a bit as I go. Currently, there are three things I need to do:
  1. Increase my water intake.
  2. Write down my food intake. (I have no intentions of purposely changing the way I eat right now, it's too much. At this point, it's enough to write down everything I eat and see what I can improve over time.)
  3. Commit to exercising at least thirty minutes, three days a week.
Once I've incorporated those changed into my daily life, I'll add in new things like increasing my time exercising or focusing more on portion control. I would be remiss if I didn't mention sparkpeople.com right now. Most of the things I talk about here are things I've learned from sparkpeople. I really enjoy the site because it's an all in one spot for weight loss including a food journal, forums, and health related articles among other things. I also really like it because it's free and I'm really addicted to those little points. A lot of people don't like it because they find the site hard to navigate and it may not be the best site for everyone who is looking for an online weightloss community.

No comments: