Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Neena and Veena from yesterday really worked my butt. I could still feel it this morning so I will definitely be alternating them with my other tapes. I thought about doing it again today, but decided I need to keep the routines varied from day to day right now to allow my body to not become to acclimated to any particular session.

Today was Leslie Sansone day with the Walk Away the Pounds Express 2 mile walk. Leslie is one of the really happy people and all that cheerfullness can be grating on any giving day. More than a few WATP (Walk Away the Pounds) adherents say they turn down the volume once they learn the routine and turn on their own music.

Leslie has a kajillion different videos out and they're all pretty simple, more like light aerobics that vary intensity and time. The one and two miles are pretty good for beginners. The one I did today was nothing for me to finish off when I bought it a couple of years ago. Today, I worked up a sweat, my legs ached from the knee lifts and I was sweating like a whore in church. Or a fat woman in the candy store.


Also, I parked my car three blocks away from my school so I walked an extra six blocks today. I went at a leisurely pace, taking about ten minutes for each walk so it wasn't any spectacular work out session, but it was a nice little addition to my day. Sooner or later, I will go back to using the stairs at school but the last time I tried that, I ended up heaving and nearly wretching out a lung in front of a bunch of 22 year old babies. Given that I'm mildly vain, I'd prefer not to repeat the situation any time soon.

And I thought I might try journaling my food here for a while.

Breakfast - egg white omelette with onions, cheese and sour cream (The egg whites are specifically for health reasons. I'm just one of those freaks who prefers egg whites.

Lunch - Einstein Brothers Veg Out on an Asiago Bagel and a mudslide cookie. Neither one of these things are particularly healthy other than my big, calorie ridden bagel comes with a few slices of cucumber, lettuce and onions. But I really wanted the thing. I'd been thinking about it all morning and I'll be damned, I was going to have it and the cookie. I don't regret it.

Snack - 1.5 cups of skim milk and 1.5 cups of Flax Plus Pumpkin Crunch cereal

No comments: